Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mouthwatering Roast Beef



My mouth is watering as I type this recipe. I can taste the juicy, tender slices of roast beef now. As long as I'm imagining, I'll have some mashed potatoes and glazed carrots to go with it. OK, back to reality!

If you've always wanted a good, easy recipe, definitely give this one a try.

One beef roast (I use 4-5lbs)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

Preheat your oven to 500 degrees at least 20 minutes before putting roast in. Rub your roast down with the salt, pepper and garlic powder and place it on a tray in the center of the oven.

Close the oven and leave it on 500 for 15 minutes. Then, turn the oven off, leaving the roast in for 2-3 more hours. (depending on how rare you want it) Do not open the oven door during this time even once!

I usually turn the oven back on 350 for the last 10 minutes of the cooking time just to make sure the roast is nice and hot to serve.

Slice the roast very thin and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment